The Macropod Pro is a rigid, portable photomacrography system, which allows the user to make razor sharp, fully focused photographs of small sized specimens at 18 to 26-megapixel resolution. It overcomes the extreme Depth of Field (DOF) limitations inherent in optics and is designed to image smaller specimens. Normally, lenses designed for macro will only render a very small fraction of the depth of targeted specimen in sharp focus at any one exposure. The Macropod allows the user to select and make multiple exposures in precise increments along the Z-axis (depth) such that each exposure’s area of sharp focus overlaps with the previous and next exposure. These source images are then transferred to a computer and merged by an image-stacking program. The stacking program finds and stitches together only the focused pixels from each exposure into one image. The Macropod integrates industry-leading components in a novel and elegant way to achieve these results.
Your Macropod Pro purchase includes:
- Canon EOS 6D or 5DSR DSLR Camera Body
- Macro Photo MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Manual Focus Lens for EOS
- Canon 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM AF Lens
- Canon MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite Flash
- Macroscopic Solutions Diffuser Set
- Macroscopic Solutions Flash Mounts
- Heavy Duty Anodized Aluminum Tripod, Risers, Mounts and Brackets.
- X-Y Rack an Pinion Stage
- Stackshot Controller and Rails
- Connector Cables
- Macropod Hardware
- Professional Zerene Stacker Software License
- Eastern Mountain Sports Boda 40L Backpack with custom foam Interior
- 30 Days of Support
- 1 Year Warranty for Electronic
- 5 Year Warranty for Hardware
|MP-E 65 mm||24-105 mm|
|Min. Focus Distance (cm)||23.88||45.00|
|Angle of View||18°||84° – 23°|
|Resolving Power||100 μm – 4 cm||> 10 cm|
Tax Conditions: We ship to all states and countries that are legally allowed. The buyer is responisble for any duties, taxes, or customs fees occurred in shipping of products. We do not collect VAT/PST/GST/Sales Taxes prior to shipment — you will be responsible for these charges upon delivery based on your regions use tax policies. Thank you for your understanding.